"Fit Content" button in property palette

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Fri Jun 11 15:47:24 EDT 2004

At 12:21 PM +0100 6/11/2004, Ian Summerfield wrote:
>On the property inspector palette their are buttons to make a field
>"fit content".  This is exactly what I want to do when a user enters
>some text into a field.  I can't find out how to do it though!  How
>do I "borrow" the script behind those buttons on the property
>inspector?  Or is it a property of a field to change?

In addition to Jan's tip, a handy thing to know is how to see any of
the scripts in the Rev IDE:

1. In the Preferences, check the box for "Contextual menus work in
Revolution windows".

2. Command-control-shift-click (or control-shift-right-click) the
object you want to look at and choose "Edit Script" from the popup
menu that shows up.

There is usually some additional scripting to deal with updating the
IDE, the property palettes, etc., so you may have to parse through
the script a bit to find the part that's useful for your purpose.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com