Alpha Channel?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jun 10 22:17:32 EDT 2004

> Eh?  When I insert an image into MS Word, crop it and/or
> resize it, and then quit or go to another document or
> something, when I come back the image is the same size as I
> left it.  Only in RR have I seen images revert to the
> original size when you leave the document (or card) and then
> return to it.

Actually, Marty, the main difference is that Rev only "locks" the new size
of the image when you specifically ask it to, whereas Word locks the new
size of the image automatically. In both cases, the "original size" version
is still available to get to, but Rev requires an extra step. So for example
if Rev automatically set the lockLoc on the image after you resized it,
you'd get the same behavior as in Word.

> I'm still confused as to why this isn't the expected behavior.

Personally, I think that the lockLoc property is doing double-duty when
there should really be a different property altogether. If we has something
like the "hScale" and "vScale" of an image, and have Rev not resize the
image to its 100% size unless another graphic were inserted into the image
(new 'filename'), and left the lockLoc alone so it could truly be used for
locking the ability to resize or move the object, then we'd get closer to
what *I* would expect as 'expected behavior'.

Just my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com