Stupid question time (again)

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jun 10 22:12:59 EDT 2004

Bob,

Officially, the minimum you should work with is Studio, which (as the web
page states): "permit running the IDE on a single platform for editing, but
builds for every platform we support". (Cost: $299)

Technically speaking, if you want to get the IDE on two platforms (say, Mac
and WIndows), you could buy Studio for Mac and then buy an extra platform
(Windows). This would give you the IDE on two platforms and deploy to all of
them. (Cost: $299 + $199 = $498)

However, as many have stated, you *really* get the best of all worlds with
the Enterprise license - you get to run the IDE on all paltforms, get all
the database support (including Oracle) AND you get to participate in the
Pro discussion group and get access to previews of Rev versions before
everyone else. If you can afford it, it is *definitely* the best choice.
(Cost: $899).

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software