Alpha Channel?

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 10 12:26:56 EDT 2004

> [...]
> > > Why  on earth does RR do this?  It drives my students crazy.
> > > Why do  you have to lock the size of an image to keep it the size
> > > you set  it?  Is this a feature or a bug?
> >
> >I find it useful:  as  with web pages, the default is to resize the image
> >to its natural  size.  If you swap out the filename you still get a
> >properly-sized  image.
>

> This is 'normal' behaviour for me also, and  follows the same principle as
> MSWord for example. Permanent cropping, rotating  and resizing should be a
> separate 'editing' feature. Simply changing the display  is, in my view,
> transitory only.

Eh?  When I insert an image into MS Word, crop it and/or resize it, and
then quit or go to another document or something, when I come back the
image is the same size as I left it.  Only in RR have I seen images
revert to the original size when you leave the document (or card) and
then return to it.

I'm still confused as to why this isn't the expected behavior.

  - marty