Need to highlight searching the list archives (was Documentation on expressions??)

revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Wed Jun 9 19:15:20 EDT 2004

> And if you go to the list archives to check you are
> not about to post
> a FAQ you find they are not searchable...

Whilst the list is searchable from the Mindlube URL that Jan gave, it is
also searchable via Google.  I know that whenever I find the documentation
does not meet my needs (not to say that the information isn't there), I
always search the group's archive for some assistance as my next action -
I would say that I can easily find a solution this way 90% of the time.  I
know that it took me a little while to get used to searching via Google
(and I always forget that the Mindlube search is available).

I would like to suggest to support at runrev.com that they include a link to
these mechanisms of searching this list within each of the emails that is
sent to the group.

Does anyone object to the such a URL being included as a footer to each
email sent to this group?  We don't want people being put off Rev because
they can't find the information they need and are too hesitant to ask on
this list, but I also don't want Runrev to make a change that irritates
existing members.

Regards,
Bernard Devlin