font installing for mac/pc

Meitnik at aol.com Meitnik at aol.com
Fri Jul 30 18:58:29 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/30/04 6:40:26 PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:

> Does anyone know if it's possible to add the font to a standalone and
> have RunRev use it automatically, i.e. without requiring a separate
> installation procedure?
> -- since apple has moved to a fully binary format for fonts on osx, I think
there is a case for speical use of fonts in SAs now. Fonts are handled at
system level very differnetly than in past. MS will likely do same too at some
point. Font and GUIs has had a strang and strained relastionships for over
30yrs... ;-) Opentype may with rich unicode finally provide the holy
grail..maybe....but politics in tech has killed many a keen solution too :( the achilles heal
of write once and deploy many is Fonts.

Andrew