Rev player

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Jul 27 12:52:40 EDT 2004

On Jul 27, 2004, at 12:39 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

>>> So what am I not understanding?
>>
>> Only that it is available to you, but not really meant for you.
>>
> OK, but *in general*, who aside from the Dreamcard developer would
> really want to use this approach to delivery? I am sure there must be
> some folks, I just can't figure out who they are!

Well, I don't have the Hypercard background, but I do have the Director
background. The closest thing I can relate it to is Shockwave. Many
Director developers produce shockwave, which has similar advantages and
limitations to the DreamCard player. It allows them to produce small
lightweight content which is easily distributed, attatched to emails,
etc. and their users can be confident that it is "safe."

In my case, I never produced shockwave. It didn't fit my business
model. I guess it is just a matter of what you are making, and who you
are making it for.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.