Rev player

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Tue Jul 27 12:41:52 EDT 2004

On Jul 27, 2004, at 9:42 AM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> This may count as a specialized situation, but if you are particularly
> concerned about size, then there may be a case for distributing
> stacks. Stacks can be small (5-20K), but standalones are (I think)
> typically upwards of 1.75M   If you have many dial-up (or even GSM
> modem) connected users, that might be a case for distributing stacks.

OK, I could see that, I suppose. Although even 2M isn't an enormous
download by most of today's standards, I don't think. And the player is
2.4M (though obviously it only needs to be downloaded once unless there
are auto updates involved).

So I can see if you had a business where you were creating lots of
stackware apps for an installed base that could all have the Player
installed then each download of your stuff would be small and painless.
I'm not sure what business or business model that would be, but I can
imagine it is possible.