Rev player

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Jul 26 13:29:43 EDT 2004

On Jul 26, 2004, at 1:18 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:

> The Player application is by default configured to have secureMode
> turned
> on.  This makes it "secure" preventing a stack from destroying a users
> hard
> drive.  However, the end user does have the option to turn of
> secureMode as
> a preference included with the Player, so if you have a stack you want
> distribute you need to tell the end user to turn this option off if
> they
> want to be able to save data.  In a future version we may look more
> closely
> at an intermediate "level" of security, right now the user must be
> asked to
> turn this off.
>
> Kind regards,

Kevin,

what about a sandboxed enviroment, like a function to save a stack and
another to load. You cannot specify where to save for the Dreamcard app
will save it to it's own folder. This way we can save stuff and load
stuff, and there will be no harm in it. Also we could only save and
load stacks. maybe this handler could be something like secureSave and
secureLoad. The user could be prompted and asked if he would allow to
save or load from this app, much like the Apple Keychain does.

What about this approach, it can be easily implemented without altering
Dreamcard code, this could be done in transcript level, no need to put
that on the engine itself.... it could be done in couple hours and
would make big time for us...

cheers
andre

--