strange clone behaviour: bug?

Ray Bennett smilingeyes at mac.com
Tue Jul 13 08:41:02 EDT 2004

 Andreas - I'm afraid this won't be of much help, but about a year ago, I reported a problem with the clone function - we were executing it within a repeat loop and could guarantee an eventual crash, although it was completely unpredictable as to _when_ it would crash.  It felt like a memory disconnect of some sort, whether it was a lost pointer or something like that, I can't say.

We finally abandandoned this use of the clone and instead went to using "copy to" functionality.

I don't recall seeing a response to the clone problem, but it was pre-bugzilla (and I'd since lost interest in the problem).

Sorry.
Ray