strange clone behaviour: bug?

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Tue Jul 13 07:17:32 EDT 2004

> strange clone behaviour: bug?
> 	• 	From: andreas
> 	• 	 Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:31:20 -0700
>
> Hi
>

> I've read some articles in metacard lists about clone behaviour.
> For myself I've now a strange error that I can't solve:
>

> From a main stack A   I call a substack B which has the handler
> "klonen".  The handler "klonen" in substack B has the simple script:
>

> on Klonen
>   put ZuKopieren & "_" & Schuelername into NeuerName
>   go card ZuKopieren
> clone card ZuKopieren
> set the name of  it to NeuerName
> end Klonen

If we must relay on the script above then:
      ZuKopieren is not initialized (name), it will be an empty var.
      There will be no error dialog, it will only return "no such card"
and going nowhere.
      Cloning a "" card will cause an error dialog, so you exit on this
line.
      Next if Schuelername is not initialized, you wil only be adding an
underscore to the name

>  On the line "clone card ZuKopieren" the script exits without an error
> message!

so change your handler into something like this:

on Klonen ZuKopieren
   put < some name> into Schuelername
   put ZuKopieren & "_" & Schuelername into NeuerName
   go card ZuKopieren
   clone card ZuKopieren
   set the name of  it to NeuerName
end Klonen

> This script boiled down from a far more complicated script, which
> showed the
>  same error.
>  This happens with the newest Rev built in MacOSX.
>
> Because my project relies heavily on the clone function help is very
> welcome!
>

> Andreas Stämpfli

HTH
Greetings,