now, I have the answer (was Re: Shell $PATH problems)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Jul 11 21:57:57 EDT 2004

I found the initialization file that changes all the $PATHS on the
terminal, it's:

usr/share/tcsh/examples/login

The other file I mentioned first is by the Fink Project, so, only Fink
users will have, but this one (login) ships with every mac, and is
invoked by ~/.login ... I'll paste it's content here:

##
# LOGIN FILE
#
# Wilfredo Sanchez Jr. | tritan at mit.edu
# Dec. 5, 1990
#
# MIT Project Athena
#
# ORIGINAL SOURCES: /usr/athena/lib/login
#               and /usr/prototype_user/.login (ATHENA REL 7.2)
##

##
# Set paths
##
set path = (                                                    \
                 ~/bin                                           \
                 /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin                    \
                 /usr/local/sbin /usr/sbin /sbin                 \
            )

if ($?version) then
   if ("$version" =~ tcsh*) then
     set path = ( "~/bin/${MACHTYPE}-${VENDOR}-${OSTYPE}" $path )
   endif
endif

setenv MANPATH "${HOME}/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/share/man"

if (-r "${tcsh_initdir}/path") source "${tcsh_initdir}/path"

##
# Read user's login
##
if (-r "${tcsh_initdir}/login.mine") then
   source "${tcsh_initdir}/login.mine"
endif