customKeys and how to address them

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Fri Jul 9 19:31:46 EDT 2004

Devin,

Thanks for the assistance. I'm reproducing the few script lines that I found
demonstrate the basic concept (in case there are others here who are as
bamboozled as I was):

get line 2 of the customKeys of fld 1
put "answer the "& it &" of fld 1" into thePhrase
do thePhrase

That gets me the contents of the property. Apparently you have to use some
indirection to get the -contents- of the custom property; why this is the
case is beyond me. I'm a Hypercard kind of guy so I expect it all to be
totally transparent. (*grin*)

Again, thanks very much.

Regards,
Barry

On 7/8/04 6:33 PM, Devin Asay allegedly flung into the void: