Call for Tutorial Topics

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Jul 8 23:20:05 EDT 2004

>> - A stack which can be used to control Lego Robots through the USB
>> port (for "a student who wants to control robot behavior", and this
>> would also address the USB issue), or, if the Lego version isn't
>> where you want to go, a little stack about building and controlling a
>> very simple robot from scratch using parts from Radio Shack and
>> RunRev
>
> I made minischeme talk with the Lego RCX in 1999... I think I can make
> Rev talk to the RCX as well, but I don't know the modern opcodes...
> and was not thru USB it was from Serial connection... I use a serial
> <--> usb converter here... humm... I know nothing of USB but I know
> about the RCX and Rev and how the RCX works.
>
> anyone want help me build a Rev Controled mindstorms lego robot? go
> RevRover Go!

I would love to be able to do this. I downloaded all the opcodes at one
point but it fell off the priority list :-( I have used USB to serial
converters with Rev with great success as they are just considered to
be serial ports. There is a serial test stack on my web page if you
want to use it for testing purposes.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au