CNC software by Rev

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 8 22:12:50 EDT 2004

Mark M,
I don't know how related this might be but I have been playing with
robot controllers and X10 stuff for a while and also with Telescope
software. Anyway, One thing I have found for any serial devices is that
the key serial to usb issue is using the Kensington "High Speed" serial
adapter. I tried all kinds of other adapters for serial to USB but that
is the only one that works right. I also use Virtual PC and it
recognizes the high speed serial adapter for my GPS etc....
The other adapters would work sometimes and others not and this lesson
was hard come by for me. FWIW

  I know if you are using an old mac that you are looking for ADB but I
don't know where or what to look for for that. I did splice and rewire
a few serial adapters and I think I remember splicing a 25 foot ADB
once that 'they' said shouldn't work for my web cam, but it did.

I am going to research this as well. I want to do some metal etching
and clay/cement/stone etching with at least an XY controller.

Thanks

Tom