anyone here implemented common CS data structures... (stack, queue...)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Jul 8 09:33:34 EDT 2004

Dar,

Yes, the only way I could implement queues and stacks was using box
lib, I wanted to see if someone managed to implement them without it...
I think I'll release this code next week, some new data structures are
always a good thing to have.

Thanks!
Andre

PS: I wanted to use graphs in a CGI search engine I wanted to demo at
the summit... but I think it will not be ready.

On Jul 8, 2004, at 2:13 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2004, at 10:34 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
>
>> did anyone here, by chance, implemented common data strucutres like
>> stacks and queues, like  stacks with first in last out behaviour and
>> first in first out behaviour... I want to use Stacks, Queues and
>> Graphs (we call them graphs here in brazil, it's a node based
>> structure where nodes can point to multiple nodes, like a network,
>> many path finding algorithms in it.. don't know if they are called
>> graphs in english).
>
> Yes, graphs.
>
> You are the expert in using the boxes library I made.  That should be
> good for stacks and queues.
>
> If you don't use boxes or you want graphs, consider some scheme using
> arrays.
>
> One cool thing about arrays is that it can contain a sequence of
> numeric keys and contain a few auxiliary keys.  For example a queue
> might contain keys "Start" and "End" which contain the keys for the
> start and end.  That queue might also have keys for those and all
> integers in between.
>
> Dar Scott

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL