Tall scrolling groups

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Jul 8 00:37:53 EDT 2004

Hi Troy,

I recently wrote a dynamic form generation scripting tool, which allowed
forms to be drawn inside Rev with an unlimited number of controls by
'writing a script.'

So, the problem you state, I had to find a solution to. Here's what I
did. I calculated the overall height of the group and set the stack
heigth to match...unless it was greater than item 4 of the
windowBoundingRect-item 2 of the windowBoundingRect (see the docs for a
definition of windowBoundingRect). If it was larger, then I set the
height of the stack to the largest it could be (again using the
windowBoundingRect as a measure) and set the vScrollbar of the group to
true. This works. Of course, when doing this, one must remember to set
the lockloc of the group to true as well.

More to come....

-Chipp