Special character

David Squance squance at elkvalley.net
Thu Jul 8 00:27:35 EDT 2004

Thanks for the reply.  However, I'm still a tad confused.  I'm doing this
via script, not keyboard.  At present the script says

  put "ˆ" into fld "xxx"  -- I realize that my checkmark may look weird
because of varying email programs

So if I set the font for the fld to symbol and use

  put "xD6" into fld "xxx"

will a checkmark appear? I don't have a PC around to test with at the moment.
Dave