run Rev app on two networked computers?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 6 23:53:15 EDT 2004

Andre Garzia wrote:

>... the problem with the database option is: If he is going to
> deploy this app to end users, requiring a working RDBMS installation
> might be overkill... (in my mind I whisper: go webserver go!)

If it lives on a server, if I understand the shared hosting market well
enough it seems there are more companies offering MySQL preinstalled
than those willing to allow a compiled CGI (and on Linux or FreeBSD to
install the additional X11 libs not normally installed on servers but
needed by the engine).

The hosting company I use (Tierra.net) maintains a server farm
preconfigured for the Rev engine, but I suspect they're the exception
rather than the rule. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation