run Rev app on two networked computers?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue Jul 6 22:35:25 EDT 2004

On Jul 6, 2004, at 11:27 PM, Kurt Kaufman wrote:

> A single Windows standalone consisting of a startup application and a
> writeable data stack.
> Two Win XP computers on a peer network (Windows Workgroup).
> What would happen if both computers tried to run the [single instance
> of the] standalone at the same time?
> Or perhaps one of the computers would run a local instance of just the
> startup application which would point to the [remote] writeable data
> stack?
> <sound of explosion> ?

Kurt,

what are you trying to accomplish. You want multiple instances of an
app to write to the same data stack, is that it? or you want to launch
multiple instances of an app and each write to a protected data stack?
Depending on the behaviour you want we can work out different
approaches.

Cheers
andre

--