New to Rev, smooth animation in Builder but Jumpy animation in app/browse . well, cheers then!

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 04:26:10 EST 2004

--- Christopher Mitchell <chrism at luminus.com> wrote:
> I suppose not.  I am dismayed that in the 974
> messages in my Revolution
> users list folder posted since I asked this simple
> question that nobody
> has responded.  Hopefully the issue will fix itself
> in some future
> build and I will be back.

Hi Christopher,

I hope this reaches you before you unsubscribe from
the mailing list. There's no rerason to drop
Revolution completely because one corner of the
application did not respond as you had expected, and
the mailing list failed to answer your call.

This mailing list is filled with individuals who are
kind enough to respiond to questions they can answer,
in their free time.
When people answer questions, it's usually because
they have encountered this question before, and have
found an answer.

Very rarely do questions fall through the cracks on
this list, but yours was one of them, probably because
nobody had an answer ; not even the multimedia buffs.
My personal experience is oriented towards databases ;
I have never used the Animation Builder, and leave the
multimedia questions to the guys that are good at
that.

Nevertheless, I'll see what I can come up with :
- are you running any 'on idle' handlers ?
- have you tried to set the 'alwaysBuffer' property of
the stack to true ?
- have you included the animation library in the
standalone build (IIRC, this library contains some
optimised code) ?
- if none of these helps, could you post your stack to
a website, so we can have a look at it ?

Hope this brings you closer to a solution,

Jan Schenkel.

=====