Conference Help stack...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Jan 22 04:45:54 EST 2004

For those of you attending, and those who wished they did:

Thanks to an excellent presentation by Jacque Landman Gay at the Revolution
Conference in San Francisco regarding using Revolution as CGI -- prompted me
to create this stack which is a step-by-step walkthrough of setting up a
Revolution CGI on a local Mac running OSX.

It couldn't be simpler (once I figured out with a bit of help from Jacque).
What's cool about this is that now you can setup and debug/run cgi's locally
without having to have an online server. Cool. Frankly, I was amazed on how
easy this was, especially considering how hard it would be on the PC (using
an outdated MS Personal Web Server...perhaps others know of a better way?)

Again, just type into the msg (on Mac OS X only, but the notes may be
interesting to others as well)

go url "http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/CGIeditor.rev"

(It's also available in the Tutorials section of my RunRev site:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Tutorials.htm )

I've also included a small editor which adds the correct line feed returns
for creating the Revolution CGI scripts.

While her demonstration went deeper than this stack, the basics are here. If
I get around to it, I'll provide another tutorial on how to use stacks
instead of scripts.

Also, Jacque had a great handout. Perhaps she can put a .pdf of it online.
She also mentioned Monte and someone else recently releasing a very cool cgi
library...I'd like to see it!!!

best,

Chipp