Password Field

Brian Maher plsntbreez at mac.com
Wed Jan 21 07:40:12 EST 2004

Hi Folks,

Well, I ended up taking a different tack on the password field thing.  Although the solutions given will work in most cases I decided to go the route of setting the foreground, background and hilite color of my password field to white then disallowing the "copy" function (Cmd-C, Ctrl-C) so that no one can select the entered text, copy it to the clipboard then paste it into something else in order to obtain the password.  In the end this ended up being easier than trying to (1) figure out all the possible ways someone can "get" the password and (2) ensure that whatever someone does with the mouse or keyboard, the entered password is correct (i.e. what if they use the mouse to select some of the "dots" in the field and remove them ... it was just getting too complicated).

Thanks, Brian