Reveal file or folder in Finder?

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Mon Jan 19 16:21:55 EST 2004

Thanks Klaus and James.  Here is what I wound up using for the Mac
version:

function revealInFinder fullPath
   put revMacFromUnixPath(fullPath) into macPath
   put "tell application " & quote & "Finder" & quote & return &
"activate" \
       & return & "reveal " & quote & macPath & quote & return & "end
tell" into tScript
   do tScript as AppleScript
   return the result
end revealInFinder

FYI, the docs are quite fuzzy on the optional "convertOSX" parameter
for revMacFromUnixPath().  It says and I quote:

"The convertOSX is true or false. If you don’t specify the convertOSX,
if OS X is running, Revolution assumes you want to convert an
OS X-style path to a Mac OS-style path; otherwise, it assumes
you don’t want to convert between the OS X style and Mac OS style."

Which doesn't explain whether true or false is the default, or what
true and false actually do.  Anyone know?

Also, I'm still looking for  a Windows version.  There must be someone
out there doing Windows work...

Thanks,
-- Frank