Porting Postscript code to TRANSCRIPT

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 16:32:20 EST 2004

on Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:00:22 -0700
Dar Scott wrote:

>PostScript is like forth.  /x is a quote of
>a symbol.  A sequence in braces is a quoted code
>sequence.  def defines a command.  The commands
>are executed in order on a stack.

Could I said that the stack in postscript is
equal to the variable it in Transcript?

>For example:

>/delta1 {mat 2 get mat 0 get sub dup mul mat 3 get
mat 1 get sub dup mul add sqrt} def

>function delta
>   return sqrt( ((mat[2]-mat[0])^2) +
((mat[3]-mat[1])^2) )
>end delta

>That is not a full explanation, but it might help you

>in reading the code.

Looks like I had to read from last command
to first...

Thanks a lot Dar, this conversion have give me a
starting point to interpret postscript code in
Transcript terms.

What's your experience with Postscript programming?

If you have a lot of experience in this field,
maybe you could write an article for revJournal,
explaining these conversions in detailed form.

If you get entusiastic with the idea, i recommend
that your first drafts for the article were made
completely using voice dictation. (I save these
*.wav as mp3), because in that way it's easier to
overcome the initial impulse to polish our ideas
and prose until it shine (literally). ;-)

Thanks again!

al

=====
Visit my site: