Restricting graphics to a field?

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Fri Jan 16 06:55:03 EST 2004

On 16 Jan 2004, at 09:00, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

Goeie middag Jan,

I' am sorry, I missed the point of the "drawing" tools.
In OS X  my first suggestion, keeping the
"drawing" in the mainstack, and opening another stack
as a drawer were all the other controls can be gathered,
works as well for drawing tools as for paint tools as for
any other tool. Try to mimic this on the other platforms.
Or is a drawer-like solution no option?

> Hi Wouter,
>
> The problem in combining the above approach with the
> graphic tool (or buton/field tool for that matter), is
> that as soon as you leave the canvas rectangle, the
> graphic control is closed and non-resizable.
> The behaviour an end-user would expect, is that the
> graphic control is bound to the canvas rectangle, but
> can be "finished" while the cursor is outside the
> canvas rectangle.
> And I'm not sure how to implement that : the graphic
> control "officially" doesn't exist yet during creation
> -- the newGraphic message is only sent when you let
> go/choose the browse tool from the script.
>
> Jan Schenkel.

Greetings,
WA