Field editing question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 14 14:25:56 EST 2004

On 1/14/04 12:32 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> hi-
>
> I've got what is probably a simple question, but I'm too dense this
> morning to figure it out on my own.

Don't think so; I had to do this once and the method I used before
doesn't work now. I think there is a bug in "selectedchunk". Instead of
returning the location of the blinking insertion point, it is returning
the clicktext of the locked field. It didn't used to.

> I've got two fields on a card, one of which has some text I'm editing,
> and the other is a locked field with a set of phrases to choose from.
> What I'd like to do is click (or double-click or whatever) on the
> locked field to select a phrase and have it inserted into my text in
> the editing field *at the place I was editing*.
>
> I can get the phrase with a mouseUp handler, and I don't have a
> problem placing it before the editing text or after the editing text,
> but figuring out how to set a bookmark and use it as an insertion
> point is escaping me right now. Anyone have a recipe for this?

This workaround seems to do it, but it is a hack:

In the editable field:

on keydown
   global gSel
   put the selectedchunk into gSel
   pass keydown
end keydown

In the list field:

on mouseUp
   global gSel
   do "put the value of the clickline into" && gSel
end mouseUp

It's ugly.
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com