GameDev in Rev. Seuck explained + suggestion

WIlliam Griffin bill at igame3d.com
Tue Jan 13 15:14:58 EST 2004

First up i'm trying to properly focus the next Inkubator project at
www.idevgames.com
so i deconstructed an ancient commercial game making tool called
the Shoot 'Em up Construction KIt
Here's the stack that goes with that.
http://www.igame3d.com/seuck/SEUCKexplainedRev.zip

The Inkubator project is intended to teach game dev newbies how to get
started.
Their last effort went the "read the source code" route, which was the
wrong direction, as you either know how to program
and could do all that stuff on your own, or you don't know source from
a hole in the wall and it just discourages you.
They will most likely go with Cocoa /obj-c again.

So I'd like to suggest to the rev community that we set up a place that
we discuss game dev topics in relationship to Revolution as a continous
resource
instead of the random weeding of this list.

If I get enough emails I can suggest to iDevGames to set us up with a
subsection for this.
The fact that Runtime put up a top of the product line Revolution
license for uDevGame 2003 should also help sway Carlos.

I could host at my forums, but I can't seem to get auto log-in working,
a bit annoying.
Or perhaps the rev lists knows a better locale for us to set up the
game dev discussion head quarters.

Your input is appreciated.

Mr Bill
bill at igame3d.com