Group Edit anomaly

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 13 13:34:02 EST 2004

I've got a card which contains various graphics, images and groups. Two of
the images are used in a simple animation of sliding doors (one left, one
right): I simply have a loop which reduces the width of each door
progressively while keeping them anchored to the door frame, with a small
delay between iterations. Works fine, but I have the following problem.

I need to open a group on the card for editing (via script - although the
behaviour I'm describing happens in the IDE too). If my 'doors' are in the
'open' position (i.e. they have had their widths reduced to about one tenth
of the original width), the act of opening the (unrelated) group for
editing and closing it again has an effect on the door images! They return
to their original width and are spaced further apart than they were. I
cannot imagine what's doing this, but I have got it down to a completely
repeatable sequence. For a start, where can the memory of the original door
width be kept? Of course it can be my error, but I can't see what sort of
error it could be. I'm not running any script in the group or any of its
components, nor in the door images.

I'm looking for a workaround, but meanwhile can anyone suggest what's
happening?

TIA

Graham