Multi-level filtering question

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Jan 11 17:24:43 EST 2004

> Anyway, getting back to my question.  What I would like to do is
> filter for multiple aspects of each record (assuming several thousand
> records and each record having four lines with each line ending with a
> CR).  I have been able to run a multi-level filter against the
> database and that works great, but what I have not been able to solve
> yet is to run the multi-level filter and have it extract all four
> lines of the record.  Going back to the entry above, say I wanted to
> do a query that would find all records where AttributeB: MTA=MSEXC210
> AND where AtrributeC: MDB=MSEXC210,Server=MSEXC212 were present then
> pipe all four lines of each record that fit the criteria out to a text
> file or output field.

I see two options here:
1. If you know the records are going to be adjacent, you can find the
first one using filter, get it's lineOffset in the original data and
return the filtered line plus the following 3 lines.

2. You can do a series of filters, renewing the original data before
each one, then concatenate the results.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au