on startup and on shutdown

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 11 08:19:00 EST 2004

I just found the on startup and on shutdown handlers. I have tried to
clean up my CD project by putting the initializers into these handlers.
The docs say that is what they are for.

Has anyone used these that much? I don't think they load when the stack
is launched in the IDE. I think they only run in the final build.
Does anyone know for sure? I had to put the code in both the startup
and preopen stack handlers. In the preopenstack I put an 'if the
environment is "development" then do the same code as in the startup
handler.

Also related to this, I was reading the docs and they say if you want
to keep a preference set to load the variables into a custom property
on shutdown and then reload the custom prop into the variable on start
up. I have not been successful in this in my CD. Also, I thought from
this list that the only way to save info was via a separate stack
outside the build. Seems a contradiction.

Has anyone done this? I need to test it in a simple stack.

Thanks

Tom

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.1, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.1.2

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III	• 2003 •	3mcgrath at adelphia.net
220 Drake Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102