Paste image from clipboard

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 20:25:56 EST 2004

on Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:00:21 -0700
Dar Scott wrote:

> > It's the same size as original image?
>
> I have a vague memory that it is the same until you
> "touch" it.  Even getting the imageData or something

> might cause it to be recomputed and then expand.

I'll try to confirm this.

But, did you try the second handler that convert
a file in a custom property of the stack?

Did exist a way to reference the customproperty
in the same way that you could set the filename
of an image?

i.e. set the filename of img 1 to mycustomproperty01

The stack file will quickly become bloated if i have
to set the text of every image that i want to show
this customproperty.

Maybe, it'll be better to parse the clipboarddata
and import it into the stack if the data looks like
a path to a jpg, png or gif.

al

> on Sat, 10 Jan 2004
> From: Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Paste image from clipboard
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> Hi Developers,
>
> I have been pasting images in MC/RR and
> i have got some mixed results with two
> handlers that will like you confirm:
>
> 1) A jpg image of 34k copied from Internet Explorer
> and pasted in a stack GROWS to 56k. But this
> jpg decompressed takes 145k.
>
> Open a jpg image in explorer an right click
> on the image. Choose copy from the contextual menu.
>
> Create an empty image in a stack and write in
> the message box:
>
> set the text of img 1 to the clipboarddata
>
> It's the same size as original image?
>
> 2) Copy the file of a jpg image in windows
> explorer. The clipboard now has the path to the
> image: "C://Documents//MyImage.jpg"
>
> Notice, the function the clipboard in MC reports
> the clipboard as empty, but the function the
> clipboarddata returns the path of the image.
>
> write in message box:
>
> put the clipboarddata
>
> and you effectively get the path to the image
>
> Now, write in the message box:
>
> put "binfile:" & the clipboarddata into zxcv
> set the customProperty01 of the topstack to url zxcv
> create image
> set the text of it to the customProperty01 of the
> topstack
>
> Now, this code works sometimes, others no.
>
> Could you confirm this on your machines?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> al

=====
Visit my site: