Rev Crash Again!

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jan 9 01:17:08 EST 2004

On Thursday, January 8, 2004, at 07:34 PM, Wouter wrote:

> When in metacard   a stacks pixmapID < >  its windowid
> then Dar's handler is working as a charm (here at least)

 From the TD on alwaysBuffer:

"You can find out whether a stack is currently being buffered by
comparing its pixmapID property to its windowID property: if these two
properties are not the same, the stack is buffered."

 From the imag007 tip at www.sonsothunder.com:

   -- The next two lines force the current card image into the offscreen
buffer
   set the alwaysBuffer of stack pStackPath to false
   set the alwaysBuffer of stack pStackPath to true

(My function only works on "this stack", so this does not apply.
Maybe.)

Maybe a good test to add to my function and to the imag007 tip is a
check on the pixMapID and windowMapID.  If they are the same generate
an error and don't set the imagePixmapID.

(If a stack is not in memory, I don't know if setting the alwaysBuffer
does what we want.  I haven't looked at that.)

Dar Scott