htmlText and links

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 7 12:15:10 EST 2004

On Wednesday, January 7, 2004, at 07:45  AM, xbury.cs at clearstream.com
wrote:

>> Is it possible to do something like this?

>> I know the above does not work because I've tried it.  I'm wondering
>> if
>> there is some kind of escape character that will allow me to literally
>> include the tags in the href, then I could set another field's
>> htmlText
>> that.  Is this even clear?  :-)

bounce.">ball</a>

have your roll-over handler or your mouseClick handler put this href=
anchor into an off screen field using set the HTMLText of fld
"offScreenField" to myAnchorVar
then put that field's text into variableX and have your roll-over
handler or your mouseClick handler display it using set the HTMLText of
field "Definition" to variableX.

Good luck, this is an untested idea that I use for embedding attributes
in unorthodox tag sets & that work for me.

Mark