Win98 loses path

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jan 7 12:05:53 EST 2004

Hi Thomas,

> ...-snip
> set the filename of image "slide" to the_path & line currentimage of
> theimages
>
> this script is in my next button -- I have similar scripts in my
> Previous button and "home" button.
> -snip-
>  global the_path, totalimages, currentimage, theimages
>   if currentimage < totalimages then
>     put currentimage + 1 into currentimage
>   else
>     put 1 into currentimage
>   end if
>   lock screen
>   set the filename of image "slide" to (the_path & line currentimage
> of theimages)

Quick guess:

Is your standalone on the root-level of the CD-Rom?

Like:

E:\YourApp.exe

I remember there were some problems on win <= 98...

That might explain your experience...

Anyone else remember this?

The solution was to put the standalone into a folder on the CD-Rom and
maybe
create a shortcut/link on the root-level...

Hope that helps...

> Advanced Media Group
> Thomas J McGrath III	• 2003 •	3mcgrath at adelphia.net
> 220 Drake Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102