Emergency Help

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jan 5 11:22:49 EST 2004

On Monday, January 5, 2004, at 08:28 AM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> I changed it to this and it seems to work- but I'm nervous about it. I
> don't actually want to send an open card to "me" the menu item but
> rather to "me" the card we are on. This does seem to work but is a
> little weird for me.

The message path applies to a send.

I suspect you might want to pull some of the meat out of the openCard
and put it into another handler and send to that.  That leaves openCard
for calling that handler and for anything else you need to add.

On the other problem (I know, resolved), I noticed that you are setting
the been-there as you leave.  I would have put it in the handler for
playing the voiceover.  As is resetting the properties will never allow
hearing the voiceover again for the current card.  (I was a little
confused that the handler for resetting the properties is called
"dobeenvisited".)

Dar Scott