Interfaces: PC and MAC and the screenGamma property...

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Jan 3 16:56:19 EST 2004

On Saturday, January 3, 2004, at 01:56 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> Goal 1
> A designer can make a stack from a great variety of images from a
> variety of sources and environments.
>
> Goal 2
> If two colors among image colors or other colors display equal in one
> environment, they will display equal in every environment with the
> same or less colors.
>
> Goal 3
> The above two apply even to externally referenced (but fixed) image
> files.
>
> Goal 4
> There is a strong tendency for colors to look right in the environment
> the stack is in.  Very little darkening or washout when a stack moves
> to a different environment.
>
> Goal 5
> Tools and image properties are available that make Goal 1 possible and
> not too painful.
>
> Goal 6
> The processing of image information does not go backwards.  Maybe
> there are image properties that help it go forward.

By Goal 6, I mean that scripts using imageData etc. should not break
and perhaps there is more opportunity for image processing.

Goal 7
Repeated twidling of tools in Goal 5 to accomplish the task in Goal 1
does not cause the image to deteriorate.

Goal 8
Those who like original source compression in the stack are still
happy, mostly.

Dar Scott