Printing problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 27 00:48:23 EST 2004

On 2/26/04 7:15 PM, David Squance wrote:

> I tried printing a card from the previous project [the one you'd helped me
> with the cloning problem] and had the same problem.  This is a recent
> problem.  I printed successfully from both projects until a couple of days
> ago.  I haven't tested printing with another printer or on a different
> computer/platform since the hang up probem started.

That sounds like the next step if a pdf doesn't work.

> I don't know how to
> set things to print to a pdf file.

Try this:

open printing with dialog
print this card
close printing

In the dialog that appears, there is a button at the bottom that says
"Print to PDF". Click that and it will print to a file on disk instead
of to your printer. If this works and you get a successful printout,
then chances are there is something about your print driver that doesn't
like printing stacks.

> My printer driver (all I get with the
> 'answer printer' command) has very little control. (It's an Epson 740i and
> I can't even select black and white).  The page setup only appears to be
> available when printing fields.  Printing cards is not mentioned in the
> docs under 'revShowPrintDialog'.  I don't have any problem printing from
> other apps, though most of them are classic, and the dialog is much better
> (IMHO).

The above script gives the dialog I think you mean. Have you changed
printers or updated the driver since the problem started? How about the
version of Rev you are using; did you recently change to the OS X
version from the classic version? Do you have OS X drivers installed for
the Epson, or just the classic drivers?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com