The "Answer with dialog"

hershrev hershbp at realtorsgroup.us
Thu Feb 26 23:36:51 EST 2004

On Thursday, February 26, 2004, at 08:22 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> At 6:45 PM -0500 2/26/2004, hershrev wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Is it possible to remove the "R"  from the "answer with" dialog  ?
>
> You can set your own icon: see the gRevAppIcon and gRevSmallAppIcon
> keywords.
>
> If you put empty into these global variables, you get no icon at all.
This is the error I get;
      	compiling at 11:31:37 PM
Type	Handler: bad command
Object	Button 1
Line	answer gRevAppIcon "testing" with "ok"
Hint	testing  or

      	compiling at 11:34:11 PM
Type	Script: missing '"' after literal
Object	Button 1
Line	answer gRevAppIcon testing with "ok"
Hint	ok

global gRevAppIcon
on mouseUp
   put  empty into gRevAppIcon
   answer gRevAppIcon testing with "ok"--- depends if I put quotes
around the word "testing"
end mouseUp

the only way I could this working is with a comma after the global ,
but then the comma shows.
on a mac. osX 10.2.8
or maybe my syntax is wrong, then how do you write it ?
Thanks , hershrev