Important question regarding next major Rev version]

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Feb 26 04:19:04 EST 2004

Robert and Valetia,

I apologize to Valetia for commenting on his first time poster status. I
  quickly did a sort on my RunRev email list and didn't see his name,
then checked for "Valetia Lowe" on Google's RR list at:

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:lists.runrev.com

and didn't get any hits. The term "Richard Gaskin" turns up 4230 hits.
Robert Brenstein turns up 332. Though, now I searched for only Valetia
and see he is a contributor to this list. I am sorry for insinuating
otherwise.

> Chipp, Valetia is hardly a first-time poster if you care to check the
> archives. He might have come strong but we should understand where he is
> coming from and be sympathetic rather than trying to prove to him that
> he is wrong .It seems that every few months someone vents their
> frustration with Rev on the list. This must mean something. How many do
> it in private we will never know.

If you read carefully my Email, I actually tried to answer many of his
questions, while posing some of my own. Frankly, as a former SC and HC
user myself, I find RR orders of magnitude more complete. But even then,
it is up to the programmer to sometimes go the extra mile...in any
language. Ever since I started programming, I've commissioned externals
to do the things the programming environment couldn't do. I think that
is valid advice.

I guess my approach would be to contact Kevin at runrev.com directly and
try and get some answers to my questions as opposed to lamenting about
it on this list. I certainly didn't see any real constructive component
to his post. Perhaps others did.

I still do take issue with Valetia's comment:

 > I see that most people who use rev don't seem to care about the user
interface of built desktop applications. Why?

and responed accordingly.

-Chipp