Serious applications

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Wed Feb 25 15:06:02 EST 2004

Hi, JB,

surely I don't want this to continue, as there is not much sense in
comparing languages that have their specific meaning and areas of use.

> Seriously, do you really think it'll take long for any english-speaking
> person with a coder bkground to understand "set visible of btn 1 to true" ?

But if "button->visible(TRUE)" is doing the same, why would you want to
type in a complete sentence in a foreign language?
"button->visible(TRUE)" is easy to read, short and may make a complex
code faster to understand.

No, stop - really, I don't want that question to be ANSWERED, it's just
rhethorical!

Actually, I asked if there is a plain text version of the documentation
as I am not able to work my way through the online help docs (the
browser is ... let's say: unproductive - sorry for the pun!). If someone
could point me to where I can simply READ the COMPLETE manual instead of
having to use the mouse all the time ... I'd really give it a try :-)

Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / Level-2
Glinder Str. 2
27432 Ebersdorf