Printer problems

David Squance squance at elkvalley.net
Tue Feb 24 22:54:34 EST 2004

Hi Group,
I have a few odditities with a very simple stack.  It is one card, a couple
dozen fields and a half dozen buttons.  The main purpose is to print most
of the fields.  I use 'print this card', having masked everything except
the text of the fields to be printed.  Everything was fine on my Mac
(OS10.3.2).  When I built for Windows, I discovered that the printed font
is nothing like what is on the screen.  I had used Courier, since I thought
that was about as generic as it gets.  The Windows machine I sent the
standalone to is XP.  Is it possible the printer (a laserprinter--HP, I
think) doesn't have courier?  Anything else I've missed?

Since fiddling around on my Mac looking for solutions, I did find something
about the default textfont for the stack, and set that to courier as well,
but the fields to be printed all had the font specified.  The next problem
is that since the last few changes (mostly a little shifting for printing
position), every time I print, I get the dreaded colour wheel and have to
force quit.  What's going on?
TIA
Dave