executionContext

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Feb 24 17:32:43 EST 2004

On Tuesday, February 24, 2004, at 03:05 PM, Kevin wrote:

> Is there a function API to get the calling functions module name
> (other than parsing executionContexts)?
>
> For Example:
>
> In stackA.rev
>
> on funcA
>   funcB
> end funcA
>
> In stackB.rev
>
> on funcb
> # from this function is there a API call to get the calling modules
> # fully qualified path & name?
> en funcb

That would be nice.  Or your can make a function with
executionContexts, but remember to go two up in this case.

I had heard that using executionContexts was discouraged.  It would be
great if it was supported or blessed or maybe just the function you
asked for was provided.

I'd use it to make functions that call back as socket commands do.  As
it is, I now specify the object by adding a parameter which takes 'the
long id of me'.  Some folks compromise and use 'target' in the callee
and this often works.  I also use a function that creates a "callback"
value, but at this time it takes 'the long id of me'.

Once you are comfortable with Bugzilla, you might want to submit an
enhancement request for this.

Dar Scott