revcopyfile: preserve file modification date/time

James Cass cassj at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 20 21:45:59 EST 2004

Thanks for all the help.  The folder where the file is has thousands of
files, and getting files details is just way too slow.  However, I
think I've found a work-around.  On http://www.macosxhints.com, I found
a reference to a terminal command called "SetFile".  It's available
here (/Developer/Tools/SetFile) after you install Developer Tools.  Try
a "man SetFile" at the Terminal for more info.

To change the modification date of a file just do this:  SetFile -m
"8/4/2001 16:13" myFile
To change the creation date of a file just do this:  SetFile -d
"8/4/2001 16:13" myFile

I just tested this and I can change the modification date/time for a
file on a Windows 2000 Server where I do not have admin privileges, so
this might do the trick.  I won't know for certain until I test it on a
user's machine.

Thanks again for the advice...James