save dialogue stuck

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 20 21:30:18 EST 2004

On 2/20/04 6:48 PM, Friedrich F. Grohmann wrote:

> As to the question of the save being only slow or really hung, it would
> suppose it has finished, at least judging from the change of of cursor
> and the last line displayed in the window.

You mentioned this was a fairly large stack, as Rev goes. 5,500 cards is
pretty much the limit in Rev. A stack this size will normally take a
while to save. I've also noticed that sometimes you have to move the
cursor outside the window and back again before it will redraw, so the
shape you see may not always tell you what the actual state is. Try
moving the mouse to check, before resorting to a second "save".

Since this is an imported HC stack, there may be other problems too. It
is very important to compact the stack in HC at least twice in a row
before importing it to Revolution, especially one this large. If the
stack was not thoroughly compacted before import, there could be lots of
extraneous junk in there that is slowing down the save process in Rev.
This seems a likely culprit to me.

I know you've already put a lot of work into this, so you may not want
to go back and do it all over. If you're feeling ambitious though, you
could thoroughly compact in HC, open the stack in Rev, change its name
temporarily (so that you can open your original import at the same time)
and then copy/paste scripts from the older copy into the new one. See if
it saves faster.

Finally, try setting the HCAddressing property to false. You don't need
it in Rev. I don't really think this will make all that much difference,
but I usually do it anyway. It does affect some aspects of stack
behavior sometimes, and you don't need it to be true when working in
Revolution.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com