OT Yahoo Privacy - lack of

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Feb 18 04:40:11 EST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004  Erik Hansen <erikhans08 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> FYI, This came to my attention, if its
>> redundant, my apologies.
>>
>> Yahoo is now using something called "Web
>> Beacons" to track
>> Yahoo Group users around the net and see what
>> you're doing
>> and where you are going - similar to cookies.
>> Take a look at their
>> updated privacy statement:

http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

(snip)

A similar lack of Yahoo privacy is apparent when you try to sign up as a new member of a Yahoo group.

When joining the MC_IDE group (arranged by Richard Gaskin), Yahoo confronts you with a couple of required fields that should be absolutely of no concern to them.
So at first I canceled joining the group, but then thought about feeding them fancy data.
 This worked. Yahoo would not accept an age of 1000 years, but accepted 3 years.

For Yahoo I am now a three-year old CEO of an Aerospace Company.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke