Launching in OS X Problems

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Mon Feb 16 09:09:20 EST 2004

Peter Reid <preid at reidit.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I had to add the " -a" after the open command to ensure the Windows
> Media Player (WMP) opened a file that is currently set to default to
> opening with QuickTime (QT).  Without the "-a" BOTH WMP and QT open
> up! (There was a missing "quote &" as well but I assume this was a
> simple copy&paste slip).

I tried that me too... telling Tex-Edit Plus to open a .txt file.
Surprisingly, the file was opened by... TextEdit, not Tex-Edit ;-)
I was not able to see the "double-launching", because TE+ was already
opened.

I tried to do that in the Terminal -- which one didn't like at all the
fancy "opt-f" mark of the TE+ folder ;->

More surprisingly (? I am NOT of the Unix command line ;-))
the "open filepath" alone worked.

With the "open -a" syntax, TE+ opened the chosen text file.

--
Vous parlez français ? faites un tour sur le groupe francophone !
revolutionfr-subscribe at yahoogroupes.fr
Jetez un oeil sur RevoBlog <http://revoblog.free.fr> !