Connection Failure/Launching HTML file

Stu Duncan revolution at duncansoftware.com
Sun Feb 15 11:08:33 EST 2004

I am struggling with my limited Mac knowledge to solve the following
problem. I am attempting to launch an HTML file using the following code
which some kind person had placed on this list in the past. It works fine in
Windows, but when I attempt to use it on a Mac running some version of OS 9
it launches Internet Explorer OK but doesn't load the HTML file and instead
coughs up an Error box which says " A connection failure has occurred." I
can launch the HTML file by double clicking it, so I don't think there is a
problem with the resource fork although all of these files came from a
Windows machine. The path appears to be correct.

/Macintosh HD/Desktop Folder/Boreal Digital Dissection
Suite/Series/dswmedia/dissect.htm

on mouseup
  put the defaultfolder & vPathAndFileNames into vPath
  put the defaultfolder & vPathAndFileNames --puts out the above path
  launchfile vPath
end mouseup

on launchFile pFileName
  switch the platform
  case "Win32"
    set the hideConsoleWindows to true
    put empty into theTitle
    if "NT" is in the systemVersion then
      set the shellCommand to "cmd.exe"
      put quote & quote into theTitle
    end if
    get shell("start" && theTitle && Qt(pFileName))
    break
  case "MacOS"
    if word 1 of the systemVersion >=10 then
      do ("open location "&Qt(pFileName)) as appleScript
    else
      do ("open location "&Qt(revMacFromUnixPath(pFileName))) as appleScript
    end if
    break
  default
    get shell("konquerer" && Qt(pFileName))