Sticky palettes

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Feb 15 17:27:01 EST 2004

Hi Ken R,

> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:10:01 -0600
> From: "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com>
> Subject: RE: Sticky palettes
>
> Ken, "dragWindow" in SC is just a message sent ot the current window
> when the window has been dragged using the titleBar. In Rev, this same
> message is called "moveStack".
>
> Note that in SC you get this message when you have finished dragging;
-----------
I don't think so. It looks like you're saying "dragWindow" in SC gets
executed after you drag, but that cannot be true. Specifying a location for
the palette window relative to the main window causes the palette to stay
docked in the main window wherever you drag it. I'd be happy to send you an
example I have running in SC4 if you like.
-----------
> in Rev, you get the same message when you have finished dragging on the Mac,
-----------
Then "moveStack" in Rev cannot be the same as "dragWindow" in SC.
-----------
> but you get the message *continually* while you are dragging in Windows. In
> either case, you get two parameters that come in as part of the moveStack
> message that correspond to the top-left corner of the stack window at its new
> location.
-----------
Which is the same as "dragWindow" in SC, I think.

Whatever the case, I can see a need to use the feature cross-platform, so I
need to experiment. I'll let you know my findings.

But for now, I only need it to run in Windows. My Windows machine is
basically monitorless at the moment. The Switchbox causes a ghost problem on
the Mac. I tried changing settings but no joy. I had to use a direct
connection which takes great effort for me to deal with.

For the moment, I'm trying to avoid building windowShape emulations or fake
window graphics (possible but too much work).

Ken N.