Qt vs Revolution

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sat Feb 14 15:22:55 EST 2004

On Feb 14, 2004, at 10:59 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

> I suggested to a customer that a new family of programs in their
> product be implemented in Revolution.  The customer did (at some
> level) consider Revolution, but decided to go with Qt.
>
> How would folks here compare these?

I've never programmed in QT (Trolltech SDK). So you probably know as
much as I do :-)

QT is a C++ application framework
It's Windows/Linux/Mac OS X (No Mac Classic I think)
It uses emulated widgets (maybe native look and feel, maybe no themes)

So using QT would therefore take lots longer to develop with, and would
look less like a native app than a runrev one.

However QT surely has a more advanced set of GUI controls, including I
am guessing spreadsheet and word processing controls.

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com